Wednesday, December 2, 2015

Goethe's Faust was understood as an opus magnum or opus divinum

 The book I've kept for two years. Looking at the drawings there, I always
I was surprised: "good heavens, how ridiculous! To understand it is impossible." And still then
case turned to her, deciding in the end to deal with it in more detail. I
the book dedicated a whole winter, and soon the reading became my passion. Moreover the text
still seemed to me gibberish, but sometimes you come across phrases and whole
the paragraphs are quite accessible and intelligible, it dawned on me that it's all in
the characters that these are symbols, the meaning and significance which served
the basis of my work in previous years. "It's fantastic, I thought. -
I just obliged to learn to understand it." Now I plunged in alchemy,
and sat behind a book, as soon as I get a spare moment. One day
when I sat on the lyrics, I suddenly remembered the dream about the "trapped in the XVII
century". Finally its value is cleared. "That's right. Now I'm doomed
he studied alchemy".

 My studies of alchemy was directly related to Goethe. It
in some incomprehensible way turned out to be involved in the eternal process
archetypal transformations. Goethe's Faust was understood as an opus magnum or opus
divinum (great, or divine act. - lat.), not accidentally calling it
their "main business", emphasizing that in this drama all of his lies
life. His artistic substance was, in a broad sense, a reflection of
objective processes, a significant dream mundus archetypus (world
archetypes. - lat.).
 Myself possessed the same dreams, and I have a "main thing", which I
gave himself eleven years. My whole life was subordinated to one idea and led
for one goal: to solve the mystery of the human person. This was a major, and all
my work, everything I did related to that.

No comments:

Post a Comment