Tuesday, December 1, 2015

Felt all the hardness human prejudice

I met Oeri in the "Zofingia". Cheerful and friendly, he had
reputation amazing storyteller. I was impressed
the fact that he had a great-nephew, Jakob Burckhardt, whom we
Basel young students, considered a great man; it seemed to us
incredible that this almost legendary people lived and worked somewhere nearby.
Oeri even outwardly something reminded him: facial features, gait, manner
to speak. Largely thanks to my friend I learned and Bachofen, which, as
and Burckhardt, met sometimes in the street. But more than this, external
side of our Dating, I was attracted by the thoughtfulness of Alberta, his image
thoughts, his knowledge of history and the maturity of unexpected political judgements,
the accuracy of his estimates and characteristics - often murderous. He is like no one
he could see the vanity and emptiness for lush rhetoric.
 The third in our company was, alas, soon dead Andreas Visscher, a long
he was the head of the hospital in Urfa (Malaysia). For hours we argued about
everything in the world, sipping his beer. These conversations, probably the best that's left
in my memory from my student years.
 Profession and place of residence was the reason for the fact that in subsequent
for ten years we have seen not often. But we Oeri were immensely pleased,
when in his Mature years, parallel lines are suddenly crossed, and destiny
brought us back together again.
 When I was thirty-five, we decided to make "marine"
a trip on my boat; the sea for us was lake Zurich. In our
the team included three young doctor who worked with me at the time. We swam
to Walenstadt and back, driven by a fresh wind. Oeri took
an "Odyssey" in the translation of Fosse and taught us about the sorceress CIRCE and her
the island. Glistening under the sun transparent surface of the lake, and the shore were shrouded
silver haze.

 Us through the dark waves chaperone reliable
     passing
     Wind, swimmers blogueuse friend, sails the naduvatelya
     Sent privateraise, svetloseryj goddess...

 Fixed vision appeared before us unsteady Homeric images
as thoughts about the future, about the great journey in pelagus mundi (the worldly sea. -
lat.), which we now had. Oeri, which has long hesitated and hesitated,
soon after I married, I same fate as Odysseus -
journey into the realm of the dead. [This Homeric image was the same for Jung
the value of that and similar story in "the divine Comedy" or Walpurgis
night in "Faust". Journey into the realm of the dead, the immersion into Hades, had to
Jung the same call to the dark world of the unconscious. The same way he
uses in the Chapter "the Encounter with the unconscious". - ed.]
 Then the war started. We saw each other rarely and spoke only about what
cared for all that was "at the forefront". But at the same time not
another interrupted our conversation, "without words" when I guessed what he wanted
to ask me anything. A wise friend, he knew me well, his silent understanding and
the continued loyalty meant a lot to me. In the last ten years of his
life we again began to meet as often as possible, because both knew
the shadows are getting longer.
 Student years gave me the opportunity to freely discuss this
worrying me  religious issues. In our house, often alone
the theologian, the former vicar of my father. Along with a phenomenal appetite (I
felt a shadow next to him) he had a very versatile
knowledge. From him I learned many things, and not just in the field of Patristics and
Christian dogmatics, but also some new currents of Protestant
theology. In those days everyone's lips was theology Richly. Its historical
the analogy annoyed me, especially the notorious comparison of Christ with the train.
Of the theology students I knew on the "Zofingia", it seems, were quite happy
his theory about the historical impact of Christ's asceticism. I did it
seemed not just absurd, but dead things, besides I do
didn't like the tendency to give Christ too much importance and make
he is the only mediator between people and God. This, in my opinion,
contradicted his own the words of Christ about the Holy Spirit, "Whom the Father will send
in My name" (Jn 14, 26).
 In the Holy Spirit I saw the inconceivable manifestation of the Godhead. His deeds
seemed to me not only exalted, they possessed a strange and
questionable properties like  and deeds of Yahweh, Whom I naively
identified with the Christian God as I was taught before confirmation. (I
did not realize then that the "devil" is, strictly speaking, was born with
Christianity.) "Her Jesus" surely was a man, and dubious
for me, being the mouthpiece of the Holy spirit. This is my in the highest degree
unorthodox point of view, 90 degrees (if not 180)
disagreed with traditional theology, of course, ran into
a complete misunderstanding. The disappointment I experienced, gradually
made me strangely indifferent, reinforcing my faith in my own experience. Following
for Candida I could now say: "Tout cela est bien dit, mais il faut
cultiver notre jardin" (All this is true, but you need to cultivate your garden. -
FR.), - referring to your own classes.
 In the first years in University, I discovered that inherent in science
the widest possible knowledge is somehow limited and concern mainly
way things special. From I read philosophical works,
followed increasingly clear that the existence of the soul: without it
no deep penetration into the essence of phenomena. But this
never mentioned, implying that this is something, of course
evident. Even if someone mentioned about the soul, how K. G. Carus, it
were no more than a philosophical speculation, it is equally easy taking one or
another form, which I could not understand.
 By the end of the second semester, I made another discovery. In the library
one of my classmate, whose father had studied art history, I
came across a little book on spiritualism, published in the 70-ies. A speech in
it was about spiritualism and its origins, the author was a theologian. My previous doubts
quickly dissipated when I discovered that these phenomena are very similar to me
the stories that I heard in my childhood village. The material was,
of course, genuine, but arose another important question: were these phenomena
true from the point of view of natural laws, is to answer it with
I sure couldn't. But still, I managed to establish that at different times
in different parts of the earth appeared the same history. Therefore, should
was to exist for some reason, which could not be related to General
religious assumptions - the case was clearly not the same. Most likely,
should have assumed that there has not been without certain objective
properties of the human psyche. But here on this - regards
objective properties of the psyche, I tripped and, finding absolutely nothing
except that all kinds of speculations of philosophers about the soul.
 The observations of the spiritualists, no matter how weird and questionable as they may
seemed to me at first, were nevertheless the first objective evidence of
mental phenomena. I remember the names of krucza and Zellner, and I read
all available literature on spiritualism. Of course, I tried
discuss it with friends, but to my surprise they responded in part
amused, partly in disbelief, and sometimes with some caution.
They with amazing confidence asserted that it is fundamentally
it is impossible and have seen the gamesmanship in everything connected with ghosts and
tolowercase. But, on the other hand, I felt the obvious tension in
their tone. I also wasn't sure of the perfect truthfulness of this kind
phenomena, but why, in the end, the ghosts should not be? As we
we learn that something "impossible"? And most importantly, why it invokes fear?
I found here a lot of interesting features that made
the variety and some hidden depth in my  existence. Could,
for example, dreaming to have something against ghosts? Cantonese
"Psychic dreams" came here very useful. And soon I discovered
another writer, Karl Duprel who considered these phenomena with
the point of view of philosophy and psychology. I have unearthed Hasenmayer, Passavano,
Justinus Kerner and Gerres and overcame seven volumes of Swedenborg.
 "Number 2" my mother fully shared my enthusiasm, but all
the rest of me obviously didn't approve. So far I ran into a stone wall
common traditions, but now in full least felt all the hardness
human prejudice and the apparent inability of people to recognize
the existence of supernatural phenomena; and I was faced with this kind of
rejection even among close friends. They all looked much worse
than my passion for theology. I felt as if the whole world opposed
me: anything that gives me a burning interest, others seemed foggy,
insignificant and, as a rule, alarmed.
 But what are they afraid of? I did not find this explanation. In the end,
that there are things that do not fit in limited categories
space, time and causality, nothing was impossible and
reprehensible. It is known fact that animals feel the approach of pre
storm or earthquake that dreams are foretelling the death of others
people that the watch sometimes stop at the moment of death, and the glasses
broken into small pieces. In my childhood world such a phenomenon
was perceived as quite natural. And now I seemed to be
the only person who ever heard about them. Seriously
I asked myself: what is this world, where am I? The urban world is clearly nothing
didn't know about the rustic world, a world of mountains, forests and rivers, animals and "not
separated from God" (read: plants and crystals). With this explanation I
was totally agree. It gained me self-esteem, I realized that,
allowing you to realize, in spite of all his learning, quite city world
limited. It's my conviction was not safe: I have been giving yourself airs,
became skeptical and aggressive, which I certainly didn't decorate. Finally, to
I returned again the old doubt and depression, a sense of self
inferiority -  the vicious circle I decided to break any
price. I did not want to be an outcast and to use questionable
reputation crank.

No comments:

Post a Comment