Tuesday, December 1, 2015

The Church today is living symbolism

The relationship between doctor and patient, especially when they are based on
the direction from the patient to the doctor or when the patient unconsciously
identifies himself with the doctor, these relationships sometimes give rise to phenomena
parapsychological nature. I've often faced similar. In my
remember the case of a patient, whom I brought forth out of the condition of psychogenic
depression. He returned home and married. However, his wife did not like me,
after we met I was somehow not on itself. I noticed that my
influence on her husband and the sense of gratitude that he felt for me,
for her like a bone in the throat. It happens when a woman not really
loves her husband - she's jealous of his friends and tries to destroy his friendship with
anyone. Such a woman wants her husband belonged to her entirely, and
precisely because she herself does not belong to her husband. At the heart of any jealousy I
see the lack of love.
 The wife was unbearably painful for my patient. In a year
after marriage, most likely because of this, he relapsed into depression. I
thought this might happen, and agreed with him that he immediately
contact me as soon as you notice in your condition that something was wrong. But
he did not do so, partly because of the ridicule of the wife, did not notify me.
 At the time I was in B., the keynote lecture. Back in the hotel
around midnight, I sat with friends and went to sleep, but sleep does
could not. Hours in two nights, which was just starting to doze off, I awoke with fear: I
felt like someone came into the room, abruptly opened the door. I immediately lit
light, but all was in order. Deciding that someone had the wrong door, I looked out
corridor. But there was dead silence. "Strange, I thought, because someone
same came into the room!" I lay down, trying to remember what happened, and
realized that woke up in pain, as if something struck me on the forehead,
then said a dull pain in the back of his head. The next day they brought me the telegram:
my patient committed suicide. He had shot himself. I later learned that the bullet
stuck in his head.
 This experience is a real phenomenon of synchronicity, such a connection often
occurs in archetypal situations, this situation was death.
Time and space are relative, and it is possible that unconsciously I
felt what in fact happened in another place.
The collective unconscious is inherent in all, it lies at the heart of what
the ancients called the "connection of everything". In this case, my unconscious
knew about the condition of my patient. That evening I felt a strange
the anxiety and nervousness that I usually uncharacteristic.
 I never tried to persuade or force anything their
patients. Most important was that the patient himself decided on their
plants. Let the Gentile remain a Gentile, the Christian Christian
a Jew is a Jew, as defined for him by fate.
 I remember the case of one Jew, who has moved away from its
religion. It all started with my dream in which I was approached by an unknown
the girl began to tell me about their problems. And while she was talking, I
thought: "I do not understand her. I don't understand why." But
suddenly it occurred to me that she had a special kind of daddy complex.
This was my dream.
 The next day in my registration book, I found the entry:
consultation for 4 hours. Came the girl. She was the daughter of a wealthy Jewish
banker, pretty, elegant, and intelligent. She turned to
the psychoanalyst, but he fell in love with her and asked not to come is
could destroy his family.
 The girl was worried neurotic fears, and after an unsuccessful
experience with the psychoanalyst's condition worsened. I started with history, but not
found nothing special. She was a completely assimilated Jew,
westernized and sophisticated. At first I didn't understand until I
I remembered my dream. "My God, I thought, Yes this is the girl".
However, I failed to detect in it the slightest indication of his father's
complex, and I asked her, as always do in such cases,to tell
about my grandfather. At some point she closed her eyes, and I instantly knew that
got to the point. From her words it became clear that her grandfather was a Rabbi and had belonged to
some sect. "You think he was a Hasid?" I asked. She nodded. I
continued: "He was a Rabbi, and if he were not a tzaddik?" "Yes,' she answered,
- they said he was kind of the Holy and clairvoyant. But it's
absolutely absurd. This can not be!"
 So, with the history of her neurosis was understandable. I told her: "Now
I will tell you a thing that you may not agree. Your grandfather was
the tzaddik. And your father gave up his religion, he betrayed the secret, and forgot God.
Your neurosis is the fear of God." She was shocked.
 The following night I again had a dream. I gathered guests and
among them my little patient. She comes up to me and asks: "isn't There
do you have umbrella? There's a heavy rain". I find the umbrella, awkwardly trying
to open it and already going to give her. But what is it? I fall in front of her
knees, as if before the deity.
 I told her about the dream and the neurosis disappeared. Sleep
explained to me that behind the externals, for a lightweight cover, hidden a certain
sacrality. But the minds of girls was not mythological, and therefore it
the core essence could not Express himself. All her adult life left
on flirting, sex and clothes, but only because she didn't know anything else. Her
enough common sense, and her life was meaningless. But in reality
she was God's child, and she had to fulfill His secret will. I saw my
the task is to awaken mythological and religious consciousness,
because she belonged to the type of people who need some
the spiritual work. So way, her life had meaning, and not neurosis
trace.
 In this case, I didn't use any specific "method",
as he felt the presence of the Numen. I cured the patient, explaining to her
this. It wasn't in the "method", and the "fear of God".
 I often had to see people become neurotics, because
that settled for incomplete or incorrect answers to those questions,
gave them life. They were looking for success, status, a good marriage,
of fame, and remained unhappy and suffered from neuroses, even reaching
all  what's so sought. These people lack of spirituality, their life
usually poor in content and devoid of meaning. Once they find a way to
spiritual development and self-expression, the neurosis generally disappears. So I
always attached so much significance to the idea of personal development.
 My patients, as a rule, people who have lost faith. Come to me
"the lost sheep". The Church today is living symbolism. Recall
the communion and the baptism, all sorts of symbols of Christ, etc. But this
the experience inspired the character assumes the complicity of the believer, then,
what  so often today people don't have. And the neurotics lacking
almost always. In the end, you have to wait, won't there be unconsciously
spontaneous symbols instead of missing. But then the question remains:
whether a person is able to perceive the relevant dreams and visions, to understand their
sense and respond for the consequences?
 A similar case I described in "the archetypes and the collective
the unconscious". A man, he was a theologian, commonly seen the same
sleep. He dreamed that he was standing on a slope, and far below, opens
a lovely valley. In the dream, he  knew that there is a lake, but something always
held him, prevented down. However, once he decided. As
approaching lake he became more and more uncomfortable. Suddenly a light
a gust of wind passed over the surface of the water, raising a dark ripple. He woke up from
horror and screaming.

No comments:

Post a Comment