Tuesday, December 1, 2015

The main task of psychiatry I saw in the explanation of the phenomena

I had another similar case, which I hardly ever
forget. I was approached by a lady, refusing to identify himself. He said that
only wants to consult. Looks like she belonged to the higher circles
society. According to her, she too was a doctor. What I heard from her, it was
recognition: about 20 years ago, she committed murder - had poisoned his best
friend, because was in love with her husband. She felt that once the murder
not disclosed, it does not matter. She wanted to marry
the husband of a friend and found, as she thought, the easiest way is murder. This was
motive and moral aspect of the affair she didn't care.
 And what? She really was married to this young man, but
he died shortly afterwards. But later it started to happen strange things. Daughter
this marriage has left her, barely an adult. She married young and tried
not to meet my mother. Finally she disappeared out of sight of mother
have lost all contact.
 This lady owned a few form horses. Hobby horse
the drive had consumed her completely. And in some point she discovered that
the horse under her start to get nervous, even her favorite one had thrown her. In
eventually she had to give up riding. Attachment to the dogs
brought her relief. She was a great wolfhound, whom she
just adored. And another blow of fate: this dog was paralyzed. It
was the last straw: she felt "morally broken"; she needs
someone to confess, and she came to me. She was killer, but not
only this: it was a suicide, because the one who committed the crime
and destroys your soul. The killer is judging himself. When the crime is revealed,
the offender shall be punished according to the law. If the crime remains
mystery and man did it without moral hesitation, the punishment
it will come, as evidenced by this case, is just it
there will come a day later. It often happens that animals and plants know about
crime.
 For killing that woman even turned her animals. Unable
to endure loneliness,  which she was, this woman, to somehow
to cope with it, made me her Confessor. She was looking for someone
neutral, without prejudice, which would not be a murderer, who would she
to confess and thereby restore the lost connection with people. It
needed the doctor more than in the priest, fearing that
last listen to her out of duty, but in the shower will make a moral
sentence. She saw that people and animals turned away from her, and was
so depressed that she could no longer endure the curse.
 I never know who she is, and don't even know if there's any truth to her story.
Sometimes back, I wondered what became of her, because of our
the meeting was not over. Maybe she killed herself. Can't
imagine that you can live in such extreme solitude.

 Clinical diagnoses are important, because somehow Orient
the doctor, but to help the patient. It all depends on the "history" of the latter,
because only it is able to identify internal causes of human behavior and
human suffering and only it opens up the possibility of effective
treatment. Here is another case that is convincing enough
proof.
 We are talking about a 75-year-old patient, who with 40 years in
clinic. There is nobody who could remember under what
circumstances it got here. Everyone who was in this died, only the highest
a sister who worked here for 35 years, something vaguely remembered. The old lady
he could not speak and ate only semi-liquid and pureed write, and
ate hands - palms. Sometimes she would spend almost two hours to
drink a Cup of milk. While eating her hands oddly and rhythmically
moved, the meaning of these movements was completely unclear. I was amazed,
how devastating an impact on her illness, but to explain that I couldn't.
The lectures at the clinic it is usually presented as an example of the catatonic forms
dementia leesah, but I didn't say anything. This diagnosis in any way
not shed light on the meaning and the origin of her strange gestures.
 My impression of this case characterize my opinion on the then
psychiatry. Becoming an assistant, I had absolutely no idea why
need psychiatry. I was extremely uncomfortable my supervisor
and colleagues, who seemed to be in no doubt, while I wandered
in the dark. The main task of psychiatry I saw in the explanation of the phenomena,
taking place in the consciousness of the patient, the phenomena about which I knew nothing.
It turned out that I'm in business, the meaning of which I cannot understand.
 One day, while an evening crawl, I again drew attention to
old lady with a mysterious gesture and again asked myself: "What would it mean?" I
went to her older sister and tried to figure out, did the patient did
. "Yes, answered that, but my predecessor told me that
once this lady imagined herself as a cobbler". I once again leafed through
yellowed the history of her illness and really found there confirming
entry. Previously, cobblers shoes pinched between knees and pulled through dratwa
the skin these movements. (Even today you can see how it's doing
rustic cobblers.) Soon the old lady died and at the funeral I saw her
elder brother. "How sick is your sister?" I asked him. He told
in her youth she was in love with a shoemaker, and when that something
reason, did not want to marry her, she "went crazy". Until the end of his days
she repeated the motion of a shoemaker, to extend his relationship with the beloved.
 That's when I had my first suspicions about the psychological
the prerequisites of so-called dementia leesah, and I give all my attention was directed
to clarify the semantic of causality of psychosis.

No comments:

Post a Comment